Monday, September 1, 2008

Feeling ?Better????

The last time I posted I was finally starting to feel better from having double pneumonia. That did resolve but then I started having chest pain. My doctor has prescribed Advair for me but I haven't been able to get it - have to wait for "special authorization" to cover the cost.

This chest pain seems to be related to anxiety - at least most of the time. I've had the blood tests, ECG and Chest Xray and have an appointment with a cardiologist September 8th. I almost think that this is related to my esophagus but I'm not absolutely sure of that. With all this excess weight (70lbs) it wouldn't surprise me to find out my heart is struggling. Chronic pain is very hard on the heart and this is why doctors are willing to prescribe pain medications - to reduce the strain from dealing with constant, unending pain.

I don't know what is worse - the pain or the disbelief you see when you tell someone about it. You can just see them thinking "Pain! She would probably be fine if she lost all that blubber. She's just using pain as an excuse to be lazy." Even when you come home from the doctor with a Rx for pain, they don't believe it. They just don't want to believe it because then they would have to be at least somewhat sympathetic.

I am still anxiously awaiting my power chair which will give me a lot more freedom to get out and about. I'm told it should only be two weeks but I thought that at the beginning of the month. I'm just worried that once I have the ability to get out and about, my partner will feel left out and it will put distance between us both literally and figuratively. Hopefully, after twenty years we are strong enough to withstand the change.

No comments: